My Geissler's Market
My Shopping List
Applesauce Spice Bars (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. sugar
+ 1/3 c. butter
+ 1 large egg
+ 1 1/2 c. applesauce
+ 1 1/2 c. Gluten-Free Flour Blend ***
+ 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
+ 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
+ 3/4 tsp. xanthan gum
+ 3/4 tsp. baking soda
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
What to do:
1. Cream butter and sugar in mixer bowl. Beat in egg. Add applesauce.
2. Mix flour, spices, soda, and salt in a separate bowl and add to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Stir in raisins by hand.
3. Spoon batter into oil sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. Frost with Butter Cream Frosting. Cut into bars.
***Gluten-Free Flour Blend Mix
* 6 c. Brown or White Rice Flour
* 2 c. Potato Starch
* 1 c. Tapioca Flour
Many gluten-free recipes call for a gluten-free flour blend. You may purchase a pre-made blend or mix your own with the Rice Flour, Potato Starch, and Tapioca Flour.
Butter Cream Frosting:
* 1/2 c. butter or margarine
* 1/2 c. shortening
* 4 c. powdered sugar
* 1 tsp. vanilla
1. Cream margarine and shortening.
2. Add sugar and vanilla.
3. Add about 1/4 c. water, beating until frosting is desired consistency (add more water if needed).
Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.net to learn more about gluten intolerance
Calories: 116; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 16mg; Total Carbs: 22g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 1g; Sodium: 91mg; Potassium: 42mg;